Video Mystery Shopping: What does YOUR future look like?
Remember the old-fashioned fortune tellers from the movies? They were always dressed as gypsies and had these great crystal balls they looked into to foresee the future. If you are too young to remember that, perhaps you recall the Magic 8 ball from your elementary years. This was a black plastic ball that you could ask any question of and it would miraculously give you a response. I remember asking the Magic 8 ball once if Eddy Solomon was going to ask me to the prom. When the response came back as ‘highly unlikely’ I decided to toss the Magic 8 ball into the garbage, take destiny into my own hands and start creating my future!
In new home sales we have the opportunity to create our future pretty much on a daily basis. We are fortunate in that there is nothing to stop us from achieving our goals! The sky is the limit! The biggest obstacle for most new home sales people is they tend to get in their own way when it comes to being successful!
As we prepare to head into a new year, I would encourage you to really think about your future. What do you want 2013 to look like?
Here are some pieces of advice for you to ensure you have a FABULOUS 2013!
- Decide what your goals are, create an action plan and WRITE it down. Remember, a goal without a plan is merely a wish.
- Have a support team, mentoring partner, business coach or mastermind group. We all need someone who will hold us accountable for achieving your goals.
- Learn to LISTEN more and SPEAK less! Enough said.
- Know what your financial goals are. You can’t just have a goal to make a lot of money. Get specific.
- Be kind to everyone.
- Invest in yourself and your business.
- Never be too old to learn a new trick! The world is changing at a rapid place. You’ve got to keep up.
- Kick negative people off your bus! It’s is challenging enough to control your own negativity, do you really want to surround yourself with negative people??
- Be focused in everything you do. Don’t do anything half way. If you can commit 100% you are better off not doing it at all.
- Realize that YOU deserve to be successful I leave you with one of my favorite quotes of all time by Marianne Williamson.
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Shine your light brightly and proudly in 2013!